Monday, August 8, 2016

12 tags of 2016 - August

Hello everybody! How are you? I hope you had a great weekend and that the week started nicely for you. We were celebrating a couple of birthdays over the weekend and it was nice. Then earlier today my grandma came to visit and brought a box of her yummy homemade cookies. Seriously, those are the best cookies ever. They just melt in your mouth. So, so good!

Over the last couple of days I was trying some new crafty techniques. I've been wanting to join TH 12 tags "event" for a long time, but either I didn't have the correct supplies or didn't have time to make something or there was something else that prevent me from participating. But this time I finally made something.


If you want to participate too, go here and check out this month's technique remix.


This is the tag after I finished experimenting with background. I used Mild lavender distress stain and several different distress inks to get this look. After I was done with inking I distressed the edges with my distress tool.


I didn't have the die Tim was using on his tag, so I used Mini Filmstrip die instead. I did some stitching on the edges and I used several other dies to decorate the tag. I made the flower myself - I used Tim's Tattered florals die.


Tim Holtz dies and inks used
Dies: Festive greenery, Vintage Market alphabet, Mini Filmstrip, Tattered florals
Distress inks:Brushed corduroy, Victorian velvet, Black soot
Ditress stain: Mild lavender

13 comments:

  1. Still catching up on blogs after being ill and a holiday Cebelica and so nice to see your pretty creations and lovely tags in this post.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. vau, prekrasen tag, super končni izgled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous tag Cebelica, love the colours and design.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nekaj drugega, zanimivega. Lepo si se potrudila in naredila krasen TAG.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a lot your tag, the background with Mild Lavender is beautiful and I love your die, it's very original. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your original take on this challenge. The colours you have used are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun take on the sketch. Lovely colors and great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!!!
    And actually, I did my first time at this technique using the same die- filmstrip! (I think it was MayTag 2014 but I do remember it was for our Ygr Nuke Engineering Son's graduation from Purdue, so that date is prob right.) I used that die also for the same reason: I didn't have the Honeycomb Frameworks...& the fact that I'm a hotographer & just LOVE those filmstrip dies!!!
    Ur photo caught my eye w the muted tones U used; I love the neutrals & esp Antique Photo Distress Ink & similar colors.
    CONGRATS on completing & competing your first tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for joining in and trying new techniques. I love your own personal take on this tag :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the strong contrast of colors here--so effective and eye-catching and the elements you used are visually very interesting too. Nicely done! It's good to work on Tim's tags, every month I learn something new (and the learning is by doing).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)