Thursday, January 24, 2013

Love and romance

Hello, hello! Not long for the weekend to come. Do you have any plans? I think I will just relax.

In case you haven't found your way to Crafty ribbons challenge blog yet, let me tell you that the theme of our current challenge is Love/romance/anniversary. With Valentine's day fast approaching we thought it would be good to challenge you to make a nice card/project for your sweetie. :) If you are lucky, you could also win this fab prize, that's generously donated by Ali and Tony ...


I have to admit that me and my sweetie don't really celebrate Valentine's day. We both prefer surprising each other on a random days because we feel like it and not just because it's Valentine's day. So love/romance cards are not really something I would make often. But I tried and here's what I came up with ...


As you can see, I kept my card pretty simple. I used patterned red paper from Folia for the background and then added some white cardstock which I embossed with Cottage floral embossing flower over it. In the bottom I used another piece of that red cardstock. I used my border punch to make decorative edge. I also used a 3 mm white grosgrain ribbon from Crafty ribbons. In the upper left corner I glued some heart crystals from my stash. The foam hearts I used on my card are from my stash as well. I raised them on foam dots to add some dimension to the card.

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Card makin' mamas: Clean & simple
Pile it on: Use hearts
Craft us crazy: Valentine's/love and/or use colour red
Bunny Zoe's: Anything goes
Through the craft room door: Anything goes
Whimsical designs: All about love
Pixie dust studio: No squares allowed
Cards galore: Anything goes
The crafter's cafe: Anything goes
Stamp and create: Love

I hope you like my card and that you'll come and play with us.
Hugs! xx

15 comments:

  1. That is stunning, Cebelica! The embossing really makes this pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is clean and simple, very elegant.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh res luštna zaljubljena voščilnica. lp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Čudovita je; všeč mi je preprostost :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply stunning cebelica.really gorgeous classy design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extremely pretty card. I love the colors and the foams hearst works perfect. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Designs. Have a great weekend.

    Tereese (Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hearts really pop against the pretty white embossing - love it!!Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love the embossed background and the hearts.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lov ethe CAS look of your card...very nice. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and so very striking in red and white hun! :) Gorgeous card! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a stunning CAS card. Truly lovely. Thanks for joining us for challenge #12 at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. See you again soon! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the elegant, CAS look of your gorgeous card. :) Thanks so much for joining our Whimsical Wednesday challenge! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Maja :-) I love the CAS design and the embossing and colour combo are fab :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! The white embossed backround is so pretty, and makes the hearts really pop. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeously elegant card! The folded ribbon and embossed background add so much texture and style to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)